Whatever business you’re in, there’s a fundamental need to support the people that work there. That’s where human resources comes in. In this course, HR expert Wayne Cascio provides a comprehensive guide to the field of human resources. Wayne ensures new HR professionals are well versed in their core responsibilities: from attracting, interviewing, and hiring candidates to establishing a pay strategy and creating systems for internal training and development. Wayne also discusses the role that HR plays in career development, performance management, and managing an international workforce.
- Explore the parallels between HR strategy and business strategy.
- Identify four approaches to talent management.
- Recognize the factors that support the business case for diversity.
- Recall the key features of effective training and career development programs.
- Review the principles of effective performance management.
- Identify the difference in cost between domestic and international employees.